SalsaFest is September 24th & 25th!
Text SALSAFEST to 602-833-0258
Check in time 7:30 AM to 8:30 AM
Chihuahua Races Rules and Regulations
Only Chihuahuas are elliglible to race, judges decision final
Entry Fee: $5.00 per dog during check-in
- All vaccinations are current.
- All dogs must be on a leash.
- Judges are not professional judges.
- This is an event only for entertainment.
- Only the first 60 Chihuahua’s are eligible for the races.
- The course will be located at 7th Avenue and W Main Street in Safford, Arizona
- All Participants must check in at Registration Table near the race between 7:30 a.m. and 8:30 a.m.
- Chihuahuas will race in order of their registration. Information will be available on race day.
- The announcer will call the name of each contestant scheduled to run in the following race a few minutes before race is to begin. Because of time , there will only be a two minute delay between races. When your dog’s number is called, you need to get him/her to the starting point.
- Only two individuals may stay in the race area, one at the beginning and one at the end of the track.
- The judges will have final say whether a Chihuahua is disqualified from a race.
- The Chihuahua that passes the finish line first in their heat wins the race and advances to the next race.
- Advancing Chihuahuas shall remain in the race area to be ready for their next race.
- This is an event meant only for entertainment and a chance to show off your dog. Betting is prohibited.
- Sponsors of the event reserve the right to televise the event and/or use photo’s for future advertising.
- The Graham County Chamber of Commerce, Safford Lions Club Foundation, City of Safford, Graham County, and event sponsors assume no responsibility for the health, welfare, or actions of your dog. The owner of each contestant assumes full responsibility for the behavior and care of his/her dog.
Chihuahua Costume Contest Rules and Regulations
- The SalsaFest Chihuahua Best Dressed/Costume Contest is open to anyone who pre-registers on the form below and by the due date and agrees to follow the rules and regula- tions of the contest. Only Chihuahuas are eligible to participate. The judges will determine eligibility.
- The contest will take place at the SalsaFest on the September 25, 2021, following the Chihuahua races at 7th Avenue and W Main Street in Safford, Arizona
- Check-in/Registration for the contest is open 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. at the contest area. A pre-contest dog parade will take place immediately following the Chihuahua Race.
- There is no fee to enter the costume contest; 1st place is $25.00.
- Chihuahuas will present themselves to the judges in order of their registration.
- The announcer will call the name of each contestant who will then take a pass in front of the judges for scoring. When your dog’s name has been called, you need to get him/her quickly to the starting point.
- All decisions by contest officials are final.
- This is an event meant for entertainment and a chance to show off your dog.
- Sponsors of the event reserve the right to televise the event and/or use photos for future advertising.